CWMP hosts four public meetings for our watershed partners and other interested parties. We bring together municipal officials, practitioners, scientists, regulators, and interested members of the public to discuss current matters in stormwater management in the Christina Basin watersheds of Chester County.
Periodically we will host a meeting with a special agenda or specific audience. For instance, about once a year we plan to have a breakfast meeting for local elected officials to bring them up to speed on what is happening in the world of water and stormwater management.
In addition to meetings, CWMP hosts several workshops each year, with the focus on applied techniques and technical support for stormwater implementation projects and watershed protection. Workshops will include topics such as green infrastructure installation, HOA issues, Operation and Maintenance, grant and funding resources, among many others. If you are interested in particular topics, please let us know!
Quarterly CWMP Meeting
Time: 10am -Noon
Click here to view the meeting video.
- (00:03:44) DEP update with Krista Brown, MS4 Reporting, PADEP Clean Water Academy, and Stream Restoration crediting.
- (00:25:20) Riparian Buffer Installation and Maintenance, David Wise, Stroud Water Research
- (00:53:54) Encouraging Protection of existing Riparian buffers and buffer installation with policy and ordinances- Seung Ag Byun Chester County Water Authority and Grant DeCosta, Brandywine Conservancy
CWMP HOA Stormwater Infrastructure Maintenance Workshop
Click here to view recording of workshop
- Vegetation Management in Green Infrastructure presented by Vincent Cotrone and Julianne Schieffer, Penn State Extension, pdf copy of presentation
- Retrofit Your Stormwater Basin to Improve Water Quality and Stream Health presented by Paul Racette, Pennsylvania Environmental Council, pdf copy of presentation, part 1 and part 2.
- Ludwig’s Run Retrofit Case Study presented by Brian Winslow, Brandywine Red Clay Alliance, pdf copy of presentation
- Inspection and Maintenance of Stormwater Best Management Practices presented by Beth Uhler, CEDARVILLE Engineering, LLC, pdf copy of presentation
CWMP Partner Meeting
Where: Online via Zoom [link]
Time: 10AM - 12PM
First meeting of 2021. Online Zoom meeting.
CWMP Rain Garden Workshop
Where: New Garden Fire Company Station 22
Click here to view Part 1 of Workshop Presentations.
Learn how the West Grove Borough Rain Garden was planned, funded, and implemented to help improve the water quality of the White Clay Creek. Learn about the design, engineering, and construction processes from Rutgers University, West Grove Borough Public Works Department and Staff, and the White Clay Creek watershed manager.
Click here to view Part 2 of walking tour of installed rain garden
Christina Basin Task Force Virtual Bus Tour
Where: Meet at Myrick Conservation Center
Time: 9AM - 4PM
Annual Christina Basin Bus Tour, this year, in a virtual format.
- Flood Protection in Chester County: The Legacy of the Brandywine Creek Watershed Work Plan
- West Branch Red Clay Creek Riparian Buffer Projects
- South Wilmington Wetland Project Construction and Installation
- SUEZ Water Delaware Operations; Protecting Health Promoting Sustainability
- Browning Barn Bio-swale